Design Cambridge is a practice with a broad experience in commercial interior design from the remodelling, refurbishment and redecoration of buildings, we approach every project as unique.
Design Cambridge offers a fast, reliable, cost effective and no fuss interior design service anywhere in the UK and Europe.
Design Cambridge utilizes a full range of technical services covering all aspects of commercial interior design and fitting out process. We employ tried and tested process management methods using computer aided design technology to deliver original, responsible and sustainable solutions. Our individual approach has been refined over years by responding to our client’s changing needs, programme and budget.
Design Cambridge specializes in DESIGN as both a discipline and as a STANDARD, We continue to deliver a broad range of services for your next commercial interior project.
- COST EFFECTIVE
- INTERIOR DESIGN
- ESTABLISHED 1985
- FEASIBILITY STUDIES
- SURVEYS & PLANNING
- WORKING DRAWINGS
- CORPORATE PROJECTS
- UNIQUE & EXPERIENCE
- CDM SAFETY STANDARDS
- COMPUTER AIDED DESIGN PRODUCTION
- IMPROVED IMAGE BY DESIGN & REFURBISHMENT
- SUCCESSFUL PROJECTS WITH AN INDIVIDUAL APPROACH
Design Cambridge is a small independent practice, we like to deal direct with furniture manufacturers and pass on substantial discounts to our clients when new furniture is required
Design Cambridge delivers;
- Measured Surveys, CAD based and including levels etc. – Where a client requires a set of drawings for their premises because non exist or because their existing plans need updating. Our measured surveys are accurate and include levels where required, these are from basic foot print plans to more complex, “as existing drawings” prior to commencing design and planning and can include layers of information such as; suspended ceiling layout, light fittings, ceiling services fire alarm devices, security systems devices, audio devices, small power & data outlets to walls, raised floor tiles, raised floor services , floor box positions, existing storage – fixed and loose, existing desks and seating, kitchens, break zones etc – output is in industry standard AutoCAD.dwg and PDF
- Licence drawings, liquour & local authority requirements – Where clients need drawings for landlords, local authority / other – simplified as required to determine formal license applications
- Lease plans, office areas & industrial & commercial sites – Where landlords and or others need simplified plans for leasehold purposes – these are measured surveys with ft2 and m2 areas indicated, including ordnance survey site plans as required
- General Space Planning, Also Cad based, from Restaurants, Retail to Offices interior designs -Where clients and landlords wish to establish and demonstrate suitability of premises for a given use these are typical layout plans with m2 & ft2 zones as feasibility studies for comparison examples
- Commercial Interior Designs, for initial ideas and Concepts to project realisation – Our main business – these can be limited from a design concept idea/ s and or developed into full proposals with 3D virtual views and to include all of our commercial interior design services above and below
- Detailed Design Drawings, with samples and performance related data etc – Where a client or manufacturer needs construction drawings for all or part of an interior fit out installation, from fixed or loose specialist joinery, furniture items, other fixtures and fittings, R&D as required by project. Our project performance control documents take the form of project specifications and are based on National Building Specifications – NBS Preliminaries and Standards of Workmanship Clauses for each work type and element
- Working Drawings, Local Authority, CDM, Health & Safety or Contractor – Our normal service includes Stage 2 Working Drawings – these are more detailed, larger scale drawings for construction / fabrication off site single or series elements of the proposed interior design and include full plans submissions for local authority building control applications as required
- CDM, Health & Safety surveys of both existing and proposed environments – We have established relationships with specialist consultants to develop Health & Safety & CDM Planning information for both pre-contract and contract documentation
- Topographical surveys
- Fast, reliable, cost effective and no-fuss service – anywhere in the UK
Design Cambridge will facilitate larger client acquisitions through use of space studies, data gathering and best fit solutions to relocation, downsize and multiple site FM.
Design Cambridge utilizes the Chartered Society of Designers Terms of Engagement which we believe protects our client and avoids misunderstandings a copy of which is available on request.
Design Cambridge Principal Chris Levings is a Chartered Designer.
C J Levings H.Dip Int Des (Dist) FCSD Chartered Designer, MBIFM
Fellow – Chartered Society of Designers
Member British Institute of Facility Managers